Persian & Oriental silk rugs are the most intricate, and often most valuable, of all hand-knotted rugs. The fine yet strong silk fibres used in these rugs allow more knots per square inch to be tied giving a clearer pattern with more detail and increased likeness to real-life. The most valuable silk rugs are 100% silk from the warp and weft to the pile and because of their silk foundation there can be more warp strings (visible as tassels or fringes at the ends of the rug) across with width – meaning more knots can be tied in a given area. With the more expensive materials coupled with finer knot counts comes more skilled artisans. Since time immemorial the enduring and eternal art of pure silk rugs and carpets have captivated the imagination of mankind. The lushness, luxury and the mystic of hand-made, hand-knotted silk carpets have epitomised our love for this ageless art. For centuries now, families are known to have collected pure silk Kashmir carpets and rugs and have handed over the mantle of this treasured heirloom to the next generation. World over, museums and palaces, have an unforgettable tale behind each of the displayed Kashmir carpet or rug. Kashmir speaks of highly skilled artisans, These pure silk carpets bring millions of knots in each rug – the ultimate in luxury. Care
- Vacuum regularly to keep dirt from getting trapped in fibres.
- If spills occur, blot immediately. Do not rub the stain.
- Rotate occasionally to equalize wear.
- Use protectors under the legs of heavy furniture to avoid flattening and piling.
- If thread comes out do not pull the yarn, trim with scissor.
- Periodic professional cleaning recommended